Refreshing Cucumber & Avocado Soup
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 Avocado (peeled & cubed)
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Cup Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add in the garlic and onions. Cook until soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add in the lemon juice and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Next add in just over 3/4 of the cucumber (save a little to garnish), vegetable stock, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper & salt. Simmer for around 8 minutes, or until cucumbers are soft.
- Pour mixture into a blender and add the avocado and parsley. Blend on a low speed until smooth. Stir in the yogurt.
- Just before serving, garnish with the remaining cucumber (chopped into small cubes) and a little fresh parsley.
This delicious soup can be served chilled on a sunny spring afternoon or warm with thick crusty bread to keep you toasty on those chilly nights! (just in case the nice weather doesn't come quite as soon as we had hoped!)