Having the family round for Easter? Make your guests chuckle with these quirky yet delicious stuffed carrot cone sandwiches!
Ingredients for carrot shells:
- 1 Ready rolled dough sheet (Available from mist supermarkets. You can also
use puff pastry if you cant get your hands on this product)
- 1 Bunch of fresh Parsley or Dill
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Orange food colouring.
Now time to choose your filling! Stuck for ideas? Here are our favourites, take your pick.
Egg Mayonnaise & Paprika
Grated Cheese, Spring Onion, Marjoram & Creme fraiche.
Chicken, Bacon, Mayonnaise & Black Pepper.
Equipment you may need:
- 6 Cream Horn Molds
- Pizza Cutter
- Place the dough sheet on a chopping board and using the pizza cutter slice into strips around an inch wide.
- Brush strips with egg and roll into long sausage shapes.
- Starting from the smaller end, wrap each sausage shape around the cream horn molds.
- Lay carrot molds on a non stick baking sheet and brush each carrot with the orange food colouring.
- Bake for around 8 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove each carrot from horn and fill with the with the filling of your choice! Don't forget to push a fresh sprig of parsley or dill into the top of your carrots for the finishing effect!
Post us a picture of your scrumptious Eater carrots and let us know what delicious filling you used!!