Broccoli & Mozzarella Pasta Bake!
The perfect Herbed Up vegetarian dish for Easter Dinner!
- 1 Whole Broccoli
- 200g Cheese (mixture of mozzarella & mature cheddar)
- 500g Dried Pasta
- Small bunch fresh Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Litre Milk
- 75g Plain Flour
- 75g Butter
- Add the milk, garlic and bay leaves to a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set to one side to infuse.
- Cook the pasta for around 5 minutes until it is just starting to soften, adding the broccoli for the last 2 minutes. Drain...
- Melt the butter in a pan and add in the flour, stir for 1 minute. Add the milk a little at a time (removing the bay leaves). Stir constantly to remove any lumps until sauce is thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard powder, nutmeg, paprika, parsley, red pepper flakes and most of the cheese, saving around 1/4 for the top of the bake.
- Mix in broccoli and pasta and transfer mix to one large oven proof dish. Sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- If cooking straight away, place under the grill for a few minutes until topping is bubbling and golden. If you're preparing this tasty bake in advance, all you need to do is preheat oven to 200C and bake for 30-40 minutes until heated through.
Delicious served with salad or garlic bread!